FOR YOUR SAFETY – The garage must be installed correctly and used properly. Inappropriate installation or use voids the warranty on parts.
- The garage is designed to store objects.
- If used for purposes other than storage, Garage Compact inc. cannot be held liable for damages and breakage to the aluminum or to parts.
- Do not sit on the garage.
- Do not store objects on top of the garage.
- Do not move or attempt to move the garage when secured.
- Make sure fastenings have been removed if you intend to move the garage.
- Keep any object and/or body part at least thirty centimeters (30 cm) from hinges and edges when opening or closing the garage door.
- Clear the space of any object that may prevent the garage from being expanded.
- Caution – Although weather-resistant, the garage does not protect objects placed directly on the ground.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE:
- The garage* must be placed on a flat, hard surface (asphalt, concrete slab). Use the appropriate hardware** for the type of surface. Use the appropriate hardware** for the type of surface.
- The garage has eight (8) anchors, four (4) for the ground and four (4) for the wall.
- Important: at least four (4) anchors must be secured to the same surface.
- If you wish to anchor the garage to a wall, that wall should be solid and fixed. Check the location of any cables and pipes inside the wall.
- The Company declines any responsibility for cracks, breakage or other damage to the surface to which the garage is secured, whether during garage installation or handling.
- The Company declines any responsibility for the quality of garage installation.
- The Company cannot be held liable if damage occurs to the surface to which the garage is secured while the garage is being used or moved.
*Check local by-laws before installing the garage.
**When in doubt about installation, contact a local hardware store for information or seek the advice of a construction professional.
- Once the garage is installed (in accordance with the Installation Guide):
- Unlock the door using the locking handle
- Open the door by lifting it upward
- Store the objects
- To expand the garage:
- Remove the locking mechanisms inside the garage on the left and right sides
- Pull the handle located in the middle of the garage roof to open the mobile section
- Once the garage has been expanded:
- Reapply the locking mechanisms on the left and right to block the mobile section
- Close and lock the door
- To close the mobile section (not available now):
- Unlock the door using the locking handle
- Open the door by lifting it upward.
- Remove the locking mechanisms inside the garage on the left and right sides.
- Push the handle located in the middle of the garage roof to close the mobile section.
- Reapply the locking mechanisms on the left and right to prevent the mobile section from moving.
- Close and lock the door.
The aluminum panels and structure can be washed with mild soap and water. For stubborn stains, use a specially formulated cleaning product. Moving parts like rails, locks and wheels should be lightly greased to keep them working properly.
The warranty applies only if the User Guide has been respected.
The garage is covered by a one-year parts warranty that is limited to the first purchase (the first buyer).
The installation of spare parts is not covered under the warranty.
The aluminum riveted panels, the aluminum structure and the galvanized steel covering and nuts are covered by a 10-year corrosion warranty.
Failure to comply with the Installation Guide, User Guide or Maintenance Guide will invalidate the above warranties.
The following damage is not covered by the above warranties:
- Twisting or torsion of garage parts or structure
- Any other damage from non-conforming or inappropriate use of the garage.
Garage Compact inc. cannot be held liable for physical, moral or bodily damages that may result from a defect in the product’s manufacturing, design, safety or use. Garage Compact inc. declines any responsibility for loss or theft of the stored objects and for damage thereto.
The concept of the retractable, mobile compact garage is owned by Garage Compact inc. Any reproduction or copying of the product is prohibited without the Company’s authorization, and any failure to abide by this will result in legal proceedings before the courts of relevant jurisdiction in the province of Quebec.